Friday 9 December 2011

Next Victim

Drip…drip…drip…
I still hear it
In the darkness of the night
Drip
       Drip
              Drip
He’s downstairs,
I sit quiet,
                               up
I hear him walking      the stairs
In complete darkness.
Drip.
       Drip
Drip
When I see my door creep open
I lie down quietly and quickly
Drip                              Drip                                  Drip
He storms into my room
Does he notice
Me?
Lying there?
Or
    Does
            He
Think there’s no one                           here
                            Drip,
Drip,                                     
                                                                               Drip
I peek over my covers,
And there he is,
      With the knife,
Drip, Drip Dripping
With blood,
 From my
                                                                                                              Mother?
                              Father?
        Sister?
                                                               Brother?
Only he knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment